I’m sadly writing this as my last Gartner blog post! I’m moving to a new challenge. After years as an analyst, I decided it was time to get closer to delivering the initiatives that have been the focus of my research.
I’m immensely grateful for my time with Gartner. It has been a great experience and I had the opportunity to work with many bright people. I leave a special thank you to my mentor and main co-author, my great manager (thanks boss!) and my KIL (“Key Initiative Leader”, internal Gartner lingo).
Working as a Gartner analyst gives you the opportunity to go through incredible experiences. During the past five years, I was able to:
- Write groundbreaking research on my favorite topics in cybersecurity. It was very rewarding to find people out there building their strategic plans using some of my own words and adding the figures I drew to their slides.
- Deliver presentations to full audience rooms in many different places in the world.
- Provide advice to some of the major vendors in this industry, having very interesting conversations with their main executives.
- Discuss challenges and solutions with clients from all over the world and from many different industries. You just can’t imagine the crazy types of challenges they are facing out there! From exotic legal requirements to some very particular business characteristics, I have had many memorable calls during these years.
- Collaborate with very smart colleagues and have exciting (and, how can I say? “Lively”, maybe…) discussions about the future of cybersecurity.
- Chair the Security Summit in Brazil for two years, working with amazing people and putting together unforgettable events. I will definitely miss the experience to prepare and deliver the opening keynote there!
What I will miss mostly is experiencing those moments when you hear your client saying things like “that was the best advice I’ve ever heard”. Those are the moments that give an analyst a clear view of their sense of purpose. I’m really grateful for being able to go through that as a Gartner analyst.
Thank you Gartner. Thank you my reader. And I hope you follow me back to my personal blog. I’ll still be there.
from Augusto Barros https://ift.tt/2EK5WLs